Thursday, March 16, 2006

morning has broken

i always sleep with the covers over my head so it’s pitch black. today, my precious sleep was disturbed by the sounds of loud laughter and people conversing at like 4 or 5 in the morning...or so i thought. i was waiting for my 6 o’clock alarm to sound and for cow’s daily fajr (morning prayer) wake up call, both of which had not occurred yet. just doing some simple math in my head, i guestimated it to be around 4 or 5. but anyway, i could hear rania and her friend causing a raucous in the kitchen. ‘jeez...don’t they have respect for others who are sleeping and why are they so perky in the middle of the night?! most everyone is asleep at this time!’ i think to myself. i try to force myself to catch some z’s before i actually have to wake up for fajr but can’t manage to do so because the noise is too intense. ‘that’s it! i can’t take it anymore! i gotta tell them to keep their voices down!’ so i throw off the covers from over my head and come out of my cocoon expecting it to still be dark but what do i see?! sunlight! and what does that mean?!...fajr time has passed! i look at the time...10:30 am! ‘oh my!!’ i proclaim as i jump out of bed. 'i'm late for my 10 o'clock class!' perhaps, Allah used them (rania and her friend) as a means to kick me out of bed.

rania finished off the last of her 4 or 5 eggs this morning before she left on a weekend trip to alexandria ‘cause she knew naveed was coming back tomorrow and was afraid she would throw them out like she did before. hahaha. actually, cow and i are happy the eggs are out of the fridge. we felt a bit uneasy having them around our food.

yesterday, cow thought long and hard about what she would cook today since it was her day off. she listed a bunch of choices for me. i can’t remember them exactly but it was something like:
1) pasta with veggies
2) pasta with cheese
3) pasta with veggies and cheese
4) veggies and cheese
5) just veggies
6) just plain cheese

but we woke up this morning to find the gas in the stove ran out. no cooking for cow today. so instead, we ordered pizza...veggies and cheese. close to what cow intended.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To all of tahrwa's readers...I do not know why Tharwa makes me out to be such a meanie...to tell you the truth I feel like she is a bit of a bully. I used to go to the gym with her and she would make me do long, hard workouts.

On the eggs issue...I had eggs yesterday and I threw up 3 times this morning, I also have 'ishal' like I've never had it before. (Cow...I put in that word to help with your vocab, I think we should keep the meaning to ourselves)

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naveed, Sarwath is quite a workout-aholic. She means business when she goes to the gym. Nothing can hold her back--or rather no one...not even those strong Egyptian women!

Sarwath has developed a panache for drama...I like this new side of her personality :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger mad as a cambridge bicycle said...

woops, i think it's my fault (the drama i mean)

salam girls!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarwaaaaath, u have a blog!
all these changes, i dont know if i can handle them. naveed becoming a bully, alia leaving egypt for good, some random girl named rania, the new cow

oh myyyyyyyyy

u think u girls all the time and are in my duwahs always
much love
nadiya

5:53 AM  
Blogger sarwath said...

nadiya!!! salaam!!! where have you been?! how have you been?! and when are you coming back to cairo?!?!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home